Pays For A’s
Students in grades first through 12 from any school district, private school, charter school even home school as long as you have written and signed Report Card are eligible to register their Report Card A’s for a Chance to Win a $500 Savings Account.
There will be a drawing in early December (First Semester) and again in early May (Second Semester). Winning students will be awarded a Certificate for a $500 Savings Account in front of their classmates on their school campus.
Since the bank first initiated the Pays for A’s Program in 2002, we have proudly awarded $60,000+ in Savings Accounts to students in our area.
For more information about the Pays for A’s program, contact Stacey Willmann, Marketing Director at (936) 639-5566.
How to Enter
Pays for A’s Rules and Regulations
- Eligibility is limited to students in grades 1st through 12th enrolled in any of the following: public, private, charter or home schools (Excludes children of bank employees)
- Bring copy of students six or nine week report card to the bank lobby.
- Guardian/Student will be expected to complete entries slips in full for each qualifying “A”.
- Qualifying “A” is determined bank employee. Conduct grades will not be a qualified entry.
- Student/Guardian does not have to be a customer of the bank to participate in drawing.
- There will be a $500 Savings Account winner each semester. There will be six winners from Huntington State Bank and three winners from Bank of Tyler in early December and in early May.
- A savings account will be opened in the student’s name and the $500 Prize will be deposited into their account. If they already have a savings account, the prize money will be deposited into the existing account. There will be no cash prize. Guardian must be present with required ID, social security number, paperwork of the student in order to open the account.
- The $500 Prize Certificate will be awarded to the student in his/hers classroom. Principals from the winner’s school will be notified as well as student’s parents/guardians. The student will not know that he/she won until announced in the classroom.
- Winner’s guardians will need to sign a consent form enabling the bank to publish the students picture in the newspaper, on the website and possibly radio ads.
- By participating in the contest, guardians agree to have their child’s name, voice or likeness used in any advertising material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation. A consent form will need to be signed as noted above by the guardian of the student.
- The bank reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, including the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. For circumstances beyond the control of the bank, the prize events are delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or have a change of venue, the bank shall reserve the right, but not the obligation, to change or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification at the sole discretion of the bank.
- The bank is not responsible for typographical or other errors in printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules for the Pays for A’s contest are available during regular lobby hours at any bank location or can be downloaded online.